Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Catch Up

Whew! It's a been a busy week or two in Page's Book of Life! Between participating onstage in a production of Brigadoon, a Chorus Girl dinner, a few trips to Baltimore, and some busy days at work things have been rocking along! So, yet again I'm resorting to a bullet point update. Hopefully I'll have some photos and some more detailed reports on my adventures later this week. For now...

  • Brigadoon- Was actually a good production. I was part of the onstage "acting" chorus and got to wear an ugly dress. Well, as our conductor put it, "it looks like you stole the curtains out of my living room." At first, it just looked like a colonialish calico dress to me...but as I started looking, I realized more and more that it did look like a curtain! Oh well. At least I had a lot of fun in the show. For once, I felt like I had an idea of what I was doing prior to opening night!
  • Maureen and I bought a new Cuisinart Coffeemaker that grinds the beans itself automatically, and then brews the coffee. Delicious! I have found, though, that I need to use a bolder coffee bean to get the flavor I like because the fancy coffeemaker takes a lot of the bitterness out. Which is a good thing!
  • Work has been busy. There is a new initiative in our department that has almost doubled the number of online classes I teach. While I like the fact that the day goes quickly, it has been a bit of an adjustment for me.
  • It's only a little over 2 weeks until I go to Disney World for the Disney Princess Half-marathon! Very exciting...no explanation necessary. :)

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully more on my life later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've been a busy woman!

Enjoy the coffee and good luck with all the marathon training!!!