Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bali Hai, Ice, and Accidents

South Pacific this weekend was a lot of fun. Check out the review in the Baltimore Sun to see more. Our minor parts weren't mentioned, but we didn't expect them to be. :) The downside to being a theater performer are the late nights! At least for me. :) I was up until midnight every day last week, and until 2 and 3 Friday and Saturday. Saturday night involved a midnight dinner of curry at the cast party after the show. All in all, however, it was a great weekend!

The week, however, has not been great. Monday was kind of blah for me...frustrations at work and a long day. Tuesday, we had a lot of ice here in the DC area, and I ended up getting in a fender bender on my way home last night. I was fine, but my trusty Saturn was not. :( Thankfully, it was not my fault (I slid a bit on some black ice and then the guy behind me crashed into the back passenger side of my car) and I was able to drive home. However, it took 2 more hours to get home. Hmph. Maryland needs to learn how to salt the roadways...

Anyway, my car is in the shop and I have a rental now. I'm hoping things will look up today- I'm blessed that I was not hurt and the damage to my car was minor. I've seen the Lord's provision a lot this week- answered prayers in minor ways...even in the midst of yucky things!

I'm hoping the week will turn good from here...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

sorry about the wreck!love you