Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Collage of thoughts and happenings

Hmm. I keep getting worse at this updating the blog thing. I went from an every day updater to a bi-monthly updater. Maybe it will change? So, here are the things that have been happening and running through my head, in no particular order.

1. My 29th birthday was last week. I am in the last year of my twenties, and I plan to enjoy every minute of it. Luckily, my 40 something friends tell me that the 30s are the best years of your life. I'm going to look forward to that...

2. I have a walk-on part in the Chorale's South Pacific show this weekend. I am a nurse. That has meant rehearsal every night this week. It's a lot of fun, but exhausting at the same time.

3. Based on my last post, you know I'm on a saving money kick. That has meant not buying things that I want. The good news is that I have wonderful friends who gave me wonderful birthday gifts!

4. I've given up eating out for Lent. I can go out, I just can't order any food. I haven't decided if that applies to drinks yet...stay tuned. It does include my nemesis of Chick fil A, though. I keep driving past and thinking how wonderful a chick fil a sandwich would taste...

5. Not eating out has great benefits for the pocketbook and the waistline. Hopefully I will reap those benefits in the 6 weeks until Easter.

6. An amazing thing happened last night. I ordered running shoes from Endless.com. After I opened the package and admired my shoes, I was about to throw the box away when I noticed a shiny brown box at the bottom. They sent me free Godiva dark chocolate! How cool is that? A branding thing, I know...but I still got the benefit of free chocolate with my $90 running shoes! Awesome...

7. I am in a good place right now...happily busy and rocking along through life. :)

No comments: