Thursday, April 17, 2008

Odds and Ends

Just a few thoughts that have been rattling around in my head:

-I'm so annoyed by drivers who drive in the middle lane at 5 mph under the speed limit! Really, if you aren't passing some one, get over! This has caused me much angst in the past few weeks during my commute. Seems like I need to find something else to think about as I am driving to and from work before I experience full-on road rage...

-I discovered the identity of an anonymous opera-blogger today. I've been trying to figure out who she is for the longest time...googling her based on hints and particular roles she mentions...but today I found her out based on an innocent fact she mentioned on her blog! Not that it matters...I will probably never see her perform or meet her in person. However, finally figuring out her identity did validate my google-stalker skills.

-I am learning how to add habits to my life one teensy habit at a time. I have a tendency to want to change my routine and my habits in one fell swoop. However, the habits I tend to stick with seem to be small ones that I add to my life gradually. My current "baby-step" habit is eating healthier- more fruits and veggies. So far, I've been doing well for about 5 days. I managed to tamp down the Chick fil A craving that arose this afternoon...but I'll probably let myself have it this weekend. I don't stick to rigid eating plans too well...

-Allergies are taking over my life. I keep taking medicine, but they still are bothering me. They are worse when I am at work....leading me to believe there might be mold growing in the vents. Maybe once everyone starts calling in sick they will check the vents...

That's about all for now. Sorry that I'm not more interesting, but my head is filled with goo.

No comments: