Friday, July 17, 2009

The BSO plays Disney at Strathmore


Last night, my company was the corporate sponsor of the BSO's Disney Concert at Strathmore. What more could I ask for? Music, Disney, friends, good food...it was a lovely evening! While not the most musically fulfilling performance for me, it was quite entertaining since they performed most of my Disney favorites. I had never been to Strathmore before, and was amazed by the beauty of the Hall. The pictures don't do it justice. The light wood gives it an outdoorsy feel and the acoustics were brilliant!


We began the evening in the lounge with tasty food and drink, and were able to spend intermission there, as well. Here are some of the treats available:




All in all, it was a very fun evening. My complaint (come on, it's me!) was the behavior of some of the the children there. I know it's a family-oriented show, but in my opinion, parents should use it as an opportunity to teach their children proper concert etiquette. In other words, when your child starts yelling, shush them and explain that they need to be quiet (er). Don't encourage them by carrying on a conversation.


End rant.

No comments: