Monday, July 20, 2009

Eventful Weekend

I'm glad I decided to stay around the house Friday evening, because it was quite a busy weekend for me! Saturday, my cousin, her husband and their son came into DC for the weekend. I met them at the Natural History Museum, and we wandered through a couple of the museums and up and down the Mall a bit. The highlight for my little cousin was the Carousel.



I also got to eat a sandwich with the first tomato from my garden. Yummy!



Saturday evening, we sang a concert at Gibson Island Country School which has this view:



Sunday, my newly adopted kitten was delivered! He is currently nameless, but the options are Figaro, Radames, Rodolfo, or Siegfried.





Sunday evening, I went to the Kennedy Center to see Spring Awakening. It was ok...I was entertained but it was the type of show that is edgy simply for the sake of being edgy, at least in my opinion. We spend some time on the Lower Terrace with a pre-show drink.



All in all a good weekend...but I'm tired!


**Note: All the photos were taken with my Blackberry...hence the grainyness.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

I vote for figaro!! love you page!