Friday, September 18, 2009

Back Again!

Whew! Things have been busy around the Home for Wayward Chorus Girls the past few weeks! Maureen and I had a fabulous trip to Maine that included all of the things a trip to Maine should...eating lobstah, relaxing, reading, watching football, sailing on the Penobscot Bay, enjoying wine by the lake, bonfires by the lake, waterskiing, boat rides, good food, good friends, and good conversation. All in all, it was exactly the vacation I needed!

After we got back, work got busy, and last weekend was the busiest I've had in awhile! I guess that means fall is certainly upon us! Last weekend, I relaxed on Friday night while moving iTunes music files to an external hard drive (quite the task!). Saturday, I ran 5 miles, headed off to Rosh Hashanah rehearsal, came home to breathe for a minute, and then drove into DC to see Washington National Opera's Barber of Seville at Nationals Stadium for their Opera in the Outfield production. It was a fun, fun time! Doesn't get much better than eating a hot dog, drinking a beer, and watching opera! Sunday, I ran 10 miles in the morning and then went up to Baltimore for Baltimore Concert Opera's production of Faust. That was another great opera. Then, I had the pleasure of a quick dinner date with my recently somewhat elusive boyfriend (quite the busy man, as well). This week has been filled with work, rehearsing, and running. Last night, Maureen and I saw Barber of Seville round 2 at the Kennedy Center. I was amazed at how different the production is onstage vs. the simulcast! Not better or worse, we just saw different things onstage that we missed during the simulcast. However, the simulcast is great because you can really watch the performer's expressions.

This weekend? 2 Rosh Hashanah services to sing, 16 miles to run (in 2 separate sessions), some chores to be completed, a Navy game to be enjoyed on TV at the Ramshead Tavern...and hopefully a tasty Sunday dinner to cook! I will hopefully get some downtime at the house as well. Unfortunately, this weekend doesn't include a date...but one is planned for Tuesday!

Ideally, you all now feel caught up on my life the past few weeks! I may have pictures to post soon...but we'll just have to see!

1 comment:

Dave said...

sound like a fun trip..? WoW you are busy...live it up! are you still going to the same church? just curios...let's talk soon!