Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Odd and Ends

Hi again, faithful readers (all 5 of you). I have a couple of quick updates on what I've been doing and have coming up.

  • Rehearsals for chorale are back in full swing. This makes me happy...even though I was burnt out towards the end of last season, I've really missed my music. And so far, making the switch to alto for some pieces is quite refreshing. It's a bit like I get the best of both worlds.
  • Tomorrow, Maureen and I are heading to Maine for 6 days to see our friends Jean and John. I never thought this would become an annual trip, but it's one that I always look forward to! Time relaxing on the lake, hanging out with friends, eating good food...always just what I need.
  • I'm working on getting myself back into the swing of things exercise-wise now that the triathlon training is over. That means strictly running...which I don't always enjoy. Oh well, it's what I need to do in order to be ready for the Goofy Challenge!
  • I've been reading and very much enjoying Julia Child's My Life in France. I picked it up after seeing the movie Julie and Julia, which I highly recommend as well. While I was at it, I bought Julia's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Maureen and I are planning on trying her recipes once a month for Sunday Night Dinner.
Other than that, I'm just trucking along...enjoying the lovely bit of fall weather we've had, and looking forward to the coming "busy" season!

Oh, and I posted my race report for the triathlon on my Running Blog. Feel free to hop on over there and read about my crazy triathlon day!

No comments: