Friday, January 15, 2010

14/365 A Little Bling...

Well, I thought I would be arriving back at my house on Wednesday evening with only the bling from my Disney races.  J had a different idea, however.

 




(For some reason, I can't get the pic larger today)

He very sneakily invited me to join him for a drink after rehearsal at the wine bar where we had our first date.  I go there often, so no bells went off that this was different from any other night!  We ordered drinks, and then he began to tell me how much he missed while I was at Disney and that he had done a lot of thinking about where we are headed.  I wasn't clued in to what was happening until he reached into his pocket, pulled out the ring, got down on one knee and asked me if I would do him the honor of marrying him!

Needless to say, I was shocked!  The funniest part was that I was still in my grungy travel clothes and the dirty pink fleece I had worn for 6 days in freezing Orlando.  At least it wasn't the stinky marathon fleece that I was tempted to wear for warmth...

Sorry for the blurry picture above.  I think it's definitely time for a new camera...my cameraphone and 3.0 megapixel camera just aren't cutting it anymore!

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Congratulations! We couldn't be happier for you! I follow your blog on my gmail "reader" tab and have often wondered each time I clicked on your name over the last few months when this would happen! Congratulations!!!

kristena marie said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!! How did I miss this piece of info?