Monday, February 22, 2010

53/365 Bridal Magazines


As a teenager (and later!), I loved looking at Bridal magazines.  I probably bought the very first issues of Martha Stewart Weddings 15 years ago.  I loved looking at the pictures, the ideas...but it probably wasn't so healthy for me to be dreaming about a wedding!  About 8 years ago, I stopped the habit...mostly to keep myself from being sad about not having a wedding!

Well, now that I am planning my own wedding, I have every excuse to read these magazines!  I don't even really get too many ideas from them; I just enjoy the act of reading them.  One or two days a week during lunch, I head over to the Starbucks near my office, grab a latte, and sit and read these magazines.  It is relaxing and exciting all at once!

I have to say though, I'm amazed at how much the things mentioned in the magazines cost!  I'm almost thankful that we are on a budget.  I can't imagine how I would make decisions if cost were not a factor.

No comments: