Monday, December 10, 2007

Semi-Exhaustion

Well. I survived one of the busiest 48 hours I've had in awhile. Between Thursday night and Saturday night, I had 2 Christmas Pops concerts, a full day of work, a Messiah performance, and I helped clean and prepare food for a party of 50. That, folks, is a recipe for exhaustion. I suppose that's why I spent 3 hours in bed yesterday afternoon. As tiring as it all was...it was great fun, and I'd do it all over again if I could! Oh wait, I will be doing it again this weekend...minus the party for 50!

That's the beauty of having things in your life that you love. No matter how tired I am from singing and performing, when given the chance I will continue until I drop. It's the same for all my friend who love singing. After a long day of 3 peformances (I missed the last 2 due to the party), they all dragged themselves over to our house at 10PM for the party. They were exhausted, and had essentially been singing all day. But you know what? As soon as the piano began to play, they all gathered around and a raucous round of carols ensued. So, even though you'd think I wouldn't be able to sing another note, I'm gearing up for a week of Messiah performances and rehearsals. If this weren't fun, there is no way I could continue doing it!

I hope that everyone can find a "hobby" that is as fulfilling and fun as singing in a chorus is for me.

No comments: