Friday, December 21, 2007

Wofford vs. Purdue (or Perdue...if I'm being mean!)

I had the privilege of watching the Wofford vs. Purdue basektball game on ESPNU with a Purdue grad and the only other Wofford grad in Annapolis on Wednesday night. We went to a Steakhouse/sports bar with giant tv screens to watch it. My roommate Maureen went to Purdue, and she was supposed to watch the game with us, but ended up on a business trip in PA. She always makes fun of Wofford, but no more!

You see, Wofford beat Purdue! I was ecstatic! The game was so close until the last few seconds, when Wofford hit a 2 pointer to go up by 2. Then, they hit a free throw, and it was over! I didn't hear from Maureen for awhile...

Anyway, I am a terrible roommate and am enjoying the win...knowing it will probably never happen again! Maureen has a piece of the floor in the old Mackey Arena (Purdue's basketball venue) hanging on the wall. I stuck a post-it on the plaque that says "Wofford Owns This". I don't think she's found it yet because it's still there. :)

No comments: