Thursday, October 29, 2009

Back from Feeling Dead...

Pardon my absence, I was recovering from a nasty stomach bug that hit me Tuesday morning. Last weekend was fun spending time with my parents, friends, and J. The Navy Game was a fun tailgate, but the game was super-rainy. The Brahms Concert went ok...at least the audience seemed to enjoy it! Our Brahms after-party was a success. My Sunday 16 mile run was fun as well. I started to get a little sniffly during the run, which I attribute to allergies.

After being a bit stuffy on Monday, I woke up Tuesday feeling a bit feverish. My first thought- I have the flu! So I panicked. Once I calmed down, I decided to not go into the office and go to the doctor. Not the flu, but the fever was going up and I was feeling much worse. When I got home from the Dr.'s office, I realized it was a stomach virus. Yuck!

I slept most of Tuesday and on into Tuesday night. Yesterday, I felt better, but still couldn't be far from a convenient bathroom. So, I watched tv, movies, my iPod, read magazines...and tried to do a little bit around the house. But I was BORED!

So, I'm happy to be back in the office working today, for once. This weekend I have a "stay-in" date with J on Friday, a run Saturday morning, Navy tailgate and game in the afternoon (with rain predicted AGAIN!), and then a 17 mile run scheduled for Sunday. If the rain goes away, we'll be doing a "scenic monument run" in DC. I'm looking forward to that...I've always wanted to do a long run in DC since I live so close, but have never had the chance. Logistically it might be tough to get water/gatorade, but we're hoping there will be enough street vendors and convenience stores to replenish our handheld water bottles.

Hope everyone out there stays away from the stomach virus I had this week!

No comments: