Friday, October 23, 2009

Here and There

Oh goodness, I have another busy weekend coming up! Should I be surprised, though? It's just been one after another around here lately. This weekend I have parents visiting (and meeting the kitty cat for the first time), Navy tailgating (which appears as if it will be in the rain), Navy Homecoming game, a Brahms Requiem concert, a concert after-party at our house, and a 5K followed by a 13 mile training run for a total of 16 miles. How do I manage to string so much together in a 2 day time frame? I need to work on my scheduling skills...

Seriously though, it should be a fun weekend. I have no plans for tonight, so hopefully it will be a nice night in. Part of me is thinking I might forgo the Navy game to spend extra time with my parents. Especially since it is supposed to rain all day and I will be leaving the game early to arrive at the concert on time. Hmm, that may be what football teams call a "game-time decision". :)

One annoying thing that I've managed to do is strain the lower vertebrae of my neck. Again. I seem to do this every few months or so just turning my head funny or whatever. I probably need to get it checked out by a doctor or something. The pain typically lasts for a couple of days, and then goes away. It does affect my singing though, since I can't hold my head up properly. Not a good sign for tomorrow night's concert, but what can you do. That's life!

No comments: