Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Tale of Two Cities

...or a city and a town?  I'm talking about Baltimore and Annapolis, of course.  Since J and I have been dating and engaged, I've spent a lot of time on the road between these two places.  It's a 40 minute drive late at night in no traffic, and about an hour or so if there is traffic.  Now that we've bought the house, I am spending even more time in Baltimore!  It's hard, because I feel like my life, time, and priorities are quite divided.

I'll be living in Annapolis until after the wedding, and I'm very happy about this.  I had visions of one more care-free (ha ha!) summer in Annapolis sitting on the back deck with a glass of wine, going to happy hours with my friends, and so on.  Boy was I deluded!  Between wedding planning and house-settling, I'd say my time is pretty evenly divided between being in Annapolis and Baltimore!  I WANT to be relaxing in Annapolis with my girl-friends, but I NEED to be in Baltimore with my future husband doing house-related things.  Well, and I want to be doing those things too.  It's definitely going to be a balancing act.  I'm hoping I can figure out how to get things done for the wedding and at the new house and still have some time for lazy dinners on the back deck of the Home for Wayward Chorus Girls.  Happy Hours may be a little out of the picture since most of my disposable income is going towards the wedding or the house, but that is ok.

The next two weekends I'll be in Baltimore, but then over July 4th J has a concert to rehearse for/sing in, so I think I will definitely spend that time in Annapolis!

No comments: