Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Fresh (ish) Start

Hello, faithful readers!  After spending the past month and a half or so splitting my time between two cities, working on settling halfway into a new house, and planning a wedding...I've decided it is time for a fresh blogging start!  I also like the fact that Blogger added a few new templates.  What do you think of the new look? (feed readers...pop on over for a peek!)

If you look on the right hand side, you'll also see I've added a To Do List of 50 things.  Inspired by one of my favorite bloggers, LMB (who is on her way to Vienna as we speak!) I decided to create this to do list, and see how I do.  In a year, she will be able to cross off number 6 on her list, Live in Europe for a year.  Anyway, the list is quite random and covers everything from the vague category of "be a better person" to cooking, exercise, etc.

In non-blog news, we are settling into our new house fairly well.  As I mentioned in my last post in June, it is hard to own a house one place, and live in another!  We are muddling through though.  The only thing left to do until we move my stuff in is put away our china.  And between J and I, we have a lot of china, crystal, etc!  Thankfully, my parents gave us their huge Breakfront, and J's brother passed along his grandfather's corner cabinet.  I still have my china cabinet in the basement in Annapolis, so hopefully those 3 pieces will hold everything!  We will see.  I'd also like to get some pictures hung on the wall.  3200 square feet of space means A LOT of wall space!

Wedding plans are...well, wedding plans.  There is always something little to take care of (even though the major pieces are in place), and just when I've crossed one thing off the list, time ticks on and 3 more items pop onto the to do list for the current month.  As we quickly approach the 100 day mark, I'm getting kind of excited. :)

I'll be doing the Iron Girl Triathlon for the 3rd year in a row in a few weeks.  It has been helpful to have something to train for, but difficult to get training in!  I have a feeling I will not do as well as I did the past 2 years.  It's to be expected, though.

Well, I think those are all the major updates I have for now!

No comments: