Thursday, August 12, 2010

Alfi's Great Adventure


Hi Friends!  Remember me?  Alfio, the Christmas Kitty? No?  Well, I guess that means you haven't visited the Home for Wayward Chorus Girls often enough.  I am usually underfoot there, especially if there is food around.  Anyway, I hijacked one of my mommies' MacBooks so that I could hop on here and tell you all about my exciting evening last night!

There were a bunch of loud women at the house singing until about 9:00 PM.  They said something about "rehearsing" for Page's wedding.  I know not of what they speak...but my brother does not like the loud music and hangs out in the basement when they are around.  I like to know what is going on with everyone, so I stayed upstairs.  Around 11 PM, most all of the women had left.  I'm kind of known as the scaredy cat of the house, so my brother is always surprised that I stay upstairs when so many loud humans are around.  He even double-dog dared me to go OUTSIDE!  He kept meowing "fraidy-cat, fraidy-cat Alfi!"  I got sooooo mad that I surrepticiously slipped out the door when one of the women was leaving!  I figured someone would notice and come running after me...and then my brother would know I'm not a fraidy-cat!

But, no one seemed to notice I was gone!  I sat on the steps for a minute or so, but when all the humans were gone I scooted under the steps of the deck.  I was so scared that I didn't know what to do.  I heard my mommies and my Aunt Lish talking somewhere, but they were really into some serious conversation and I didn't want to interrupt them.  I meowed quietly a few times, but they didn't hear me.  After they went inside, all was quiet for awhile.  I thought I heard my mommies calling my name inside, but I wasn't sure.  Then, they were calling my name outside!  I wanted to come out, but I was so scared that I stayed where I was.  I was also kind of embarrassed...hiding under the deck steps for 2 hours while everyone is calling me and looking for me does sort of make me a fraidy-cat like Marcello said!

Anyway, I heard my mommies (quite upset at this point) talk about getting in the car and driving around the neighborhood.  I didn't want them to go to that much trouble, so when Page came outside to wait for Mo, I tried to meow as loud as I could.  My normally loud meow sounded almost as loud as a newborn kitten's.  I tried again.  Page came a little closer and put her foot on the step where I was.  I hissed at her, not knowing what else to do.  She called Mo over, and said she had either found a cat or a raccoon.  Since they were missing a cat...she decided it must be me.  After shining the flashlight under the deck, they both realized it was, in fact, Me.  They sounded so relieved.  But I was still kind of scared and embarrassed and didn't want to come out. 

Then, they put down some of my hard food.  I came out a little bit and ate some, but when Mo tried to grab me, I ran back under the deck.  Then, out came some soft food.  I was beginning to like this game!  But again, they tried to grab me and I ran back under.  Then, stupid humans, they brought my brother out!  I watched him eating the food, looking at me and saying "Nanny nanny boo boo!"  I got so mad, I decided to come out and eat some food, too!  But my mommies tried to grab me again!  They were starting to sound frustrated at me.  Finally, I went to the other side of the stairs, jumped up on the deck, and waited for someone to open the door.  I sauntered in while my mommies and brother just looked at me incredulously.

Whew!  I was glad to be back inside!  Even though I was mad at my brother,  I snuggled up to him and slept beside him all night long!  When the thunder and lightning started this morning, I was really glad that my mommies love me and stayed up until 1 AM looking for me and trying to get me back in the house!

Thanks for listening to my story!  Since I missed out on some sleep last night, I think it's time for my nap...

No comments: