Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Playing Catch Up

Wow! Another long blog-post hiatus. It's like I fell into the black hole of blogging again. I feel like half of my posts recently start off with an apology for not blogging more often...but no matter. What follows is a bulleted list of what I've been up to...

  • Most notably, on Mother's Day, I went to the Orioles/Yankee's game at Camden Yards. A friend gave us the tickets, and we were 3 rows behind the Yankee dugout. So I got to peer at A-Rod, Derek Jeter, and Johnny Damon very close up. Nice. It was a perfect day weather-wise, and was a really fun game as well. There are pictures out there somewhere...check Facebook for my roommate's pics.
  • I also traveled up to Pennsylvania that weekend with a few friends for a voice lesson. A few friends and I have had a couple of lessons with my friend Sharon's teacher, Jean. Jean is a wonderful soprano and teacher...I'm sure she keeps wondering why we actually think we can sing and even sing in a chorus. I learn so much during a lesson, but it definitely brings me down many, many notches when it comes to what I think of my musical abilities!
  • Last weekend, we had a little party for our graduating midshipman, Maile. She is headed off to flight school this summer. I'm very proud of her! We'll be going to the Naval Academy commissioning ceremony (graduation) this Friday. President Obama is speaking, so I'm looking forward to that.
  • Triathlon training is in full swing, so I've been hitting the bike, the pool, and the road. I feel like I'm starting a bit early this year, but I also need to whip myself back into shape!
  • Last weekend, I went to my friend Alicia's one-woman cabaret show. It was fabulous! She sang some funny songs with narration about dating, love, etc. If it was a recurring thing, I would recommend that you all come to one!

I think that's it for now...hopefully I'll keep being better at blogging in the next few weeks!

No comments: