Friday, November 27, 2009

Riding in the Motor Car...


My Dad has always loved trains, ever since he was a little boy.  Some years ago, he started volunteering with the SC Railroad Museum where they have real trains and track and run tourist trains most every weekend.   For his retirement, he bought a "motorcar".  When I first heard "motorcar"...I thought about an old style car from the 30s.  This type of car is a car that can ride on the rails and check track to make sure all is well.  Today, we met some friends of my parents and their kids to ride on the motor car and have a picnic.



My Daddy in front of his Motorcar




The whole fam




Daddy barking orders (just kidding!)



Heading down the track



A little further...






Motorcar driver in action...

After the motorcar ride, we sat down and had a picnic in front of the station.  It was another lovely day, if a bit cool.

Tomorrow, I get back on a plane and go home.  Oh well, it's been a lovely holiday!

No comments: