Tuesday, November 8, 2011

NaBloCleanPoMo Day #8 My Closet

So tonight is one of my few nights at home during the week.  I even made a crockpot meal so that I wouldn't take up my evening time cooking a meal.  After I ate my pot roast, I headed upstairs to tackle switching out my summer and winter clothes and re-organizing my closet.

I hate organizing my closet.  We have a number of closets in our house, but J uses the two in our bedroom. The sitting room is my "dressing room"/closet.  But, there is only one small closet, so I use the closet in the 3rd floor hallway (old house...the closet is not actually in a room) as my off-season closet.  To be honest, I have all of my coats and formal clothes (including my wedding dress...which still needs to be dry-cleaned...definitely a NaBloCleanPoMo project) in the guest bedroom closet, which helps with space.

Anyway, switching clothes requires going up and down the stairs multiple times.  I dread it.  But, tonight, I sucked it up...and even managed to organize my shoes and some of the other items in the closet.


Notice the mess of stuff on the top shelf and on the floor of the closet


In progress.  My summer shoes are in the laundry basket to go upstairs


And After.  Winter clothes in, shoes organized, and top shelf in order.  I could probably organize the shirts, skirts, pants and dresses by color.  But that is a project for another day.


No comments: