Thursday, November 10, 2011

NaBloCleanPoMo Day #10 Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

When I was but a young girl, I sometimes thought diamonds were commonplace.  Everyone had diamonds!  I had pearls, garnets (my birthstone), sapphires...all those other lovely gems but diamonds.  Consequently, I didn't get my first pair of diamonds until the age of 30.  You can read the full story here.  After I got my first diamonds, I learned how to clean them on my own.

Now, I have a diamond engagement ring and I use my grandmother's diamond wedding band as my own.  They are soldered together, but still need a bit of cleaning now and then as well.  I often forget to clean my sets of diamonds, and they get a bit cloudy and lose some of their sparkle.  Thankfully, diamonds are easy to clean!


Ring before


Earrings before


Step 1: Soak in warm, soapy water


Step 2: Clean gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush


Step 3: Finish with a quick dip in a windex/water solution


Rings...sparkly and back where they belong


And my earrings, back to their lovely, sparkly selves!




1 comment:

Mrs.Rock said...

You are so inspiring!! And I was trying to remember how we cleaned our diamonds before your wedding, so I'm glad to read about it! Wish we were headed up there to do it all over. It was SO fun! And I wish I was that skinny (although I'm happy for baby girl)!