Monday, January 26, 2009

Sparkle, Sparkle! Happy Birthday to Me!


I turn 30 this weekend. More thoughts on that later. Back in the fall, I decided that an appropriate birthday present for myself would be a pair of diamond earrings.

I've never had diamond jewelry of any kind...but have always wanted it. When I was 11 and getting my ears pierced, when my Mama asked what kind of earrings I wanted, I said "Diamonds!". She laughed and said I'd have to wait until I was older to have diamonds. So I waited. And waited. I wanted diamonds in college, but figured I'd meet a man and get married someday soon and he would give me a diamond ring. And then, I could find some earrings that matched. Well, by that rationale, I've been waiting for a diamond ring for 10 years! I actually sort of stopped caring about that 3 years ago...but I digress. Since I've wanted diamond earrings for years, and am tired of waiting around for a man to give them to me...I decided buying them would be a great way to celebrate turning 30.

I actually bought these back in December at La Belle Cezanne in downtown Annapolis. While they are not huge (really...I'm not a "big" jewelry girl anyway), they are a nice size and are set beautifully. They really sparkle! They are a little over a third of a carat each. I tried on the 3/4 carat ones that were beautiful...but a little big and VERY expensive. These actually fell nicely in my budget range and are absolutely lovely. They have been living in my ears for the past month, and probably will be there for awhile longer. So, if you're a friend IRL, take a look at my ears the next time you see me!


A close up...please ignore how gross my earlobe looks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the earrings.
Girls have to reward themselves if a man won't step up and do the job. Happy belated birthday!

Thanks for the support this week; I really needed it =)