Monday, January 12, 2009

Reading List

I know, I know...I've been MIA again. I guess that just comes with my schedule considering it's been busy at work and that is usually the only time I have to blog. But, I thought I'd drop a few quick lines about what I've been reading lately. January is usually the time that things slow down a bit in my world, and I actually get to read again. This December, I put aside a few books that I knew I would want to pick up in January. I've read one, am in the middle of another, and have the rest sitting on my night-stand ready to pick up.

The Merlot Murders- This a book by a Virginia author that I picked up at "Read Between the Wines", an Annapolis Symphony Orchestra fundraiser. It's actually a pretty good mystery...based in Virigina Wine country. I enjoyed all of the "wine-talk"...how it's made, etc. The characters are also pretty interesting. This one is actually the first in a series, so I plan on ordering the other two from Amazon and reading them at some point soon, as well. Actually, last week, this book was my perfect unwind-in-the-bathtub-with-a-glass-of-wine companion.

Dead Man Dancing- Marcia Talley is a local author, and I picked this book up at Read Between the Wines as well. The interesting thing about this book is that my dear friend and former roommate, Alicia, is written in as a character! She won a bid on being in the book at our Chorale Gala fundraiser a few years ago, and now she is written in as a dance instructor. (Something about books and music fundraisers seem to go together). I'm in the middle of this book...the plot is ok, but so far I'm loving reading about the areas the characters go to in Annapolis.

Twilight- I know, I know...teenie-bopper trash. Well, maybe. Just like it took awhile for me to get on the Harry Potter bandwagon...I've been holding off on this Twilight nonsense. However, I think it will be interesting to read and find out what all the hubub is about...I mean, I did end up loving Harry Potter!

So those are the books on my reading list for the next few weeks. I also have a few other January projects underway...and am also working on catching up on my stack of magazines that piled up in November and December!

No comments: