Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Weekend and Upcoming Week

This past weekend was quite a lovely one. It began on Friday evening with Piano Bar...most of the usual suspects attended, and the typical hijinks ensued. Disney songs, interpretive dance, 100 Greatest Love Songs (Oh, how I love 80s rock ballads!), and tons of fun. Serious kudos to our main piano player Erika for being our workhorse and spending most of the evening at the piano!

On Saturday, Maureen, Phyllis and I made a visit to the Talbots Outlet North of Baltimore where I picked up a few more spring/summer tops and skirts. For dinner, we ventured out to The Helmand in Mt. Vernon, which serves Afghani Cuisine. I have never had Afghani food, and it was delicious. Typically Middle Eastern, with some tasty spices! Following dinner, we attended Peabody Chamber Opera's Production of Dora. I had already seen the performance on Thursday (my boyfriend played Freud in the opera with the Thurs/Sat cast). I thought it was an edgy opera, and was performed well.

Sunday, I went to church and then ran a few errands. After an afternoon swim, Maureen and I had a seafood extravaganza on the grill, and spent the rest of the lovely evening on the back deck. I really didn't want to get up Monday morning...

On tap for the rest of this week? Well, it's a concert week for the Chorale (we are performing with the Symphony), so that means rehearsals every evening. Except, I'll be heading up to Baltimore Wednesday night to see Baltimore Concert Opera's "A Flight of Puccini". I'm expecting it to be quite good. The Annapolis Symphony Concert is Friday, and then Saturday I'm attending a wedding. All in all, a crazy but fun week ahead...

No comments: