Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm Still Here...

Lest you think that after "outing" myself daily on my blog about anxiety, I succumbed to a week and a half of hiding in bed with the covers pulled up over my head...I'm back briefly to update you on the BUSY past week and a half I've had!  And please forgive the bullet point format.  I think today it is going to be the easiest way to communicate my jumbled thoughts in a somewhat timely fashion!
  • I talked about singing at a friend's wedding in my last post.  It was as lovely as I'd hoped (both the wedding and the music).  My romantic husband got a bit teary hearing our wedding music again live...while I was doing my best to sing the right notes at the right time!
  • Last week was one of the busiest I've had in a long time.  I was onstage in a show with my chorus and had rehearsal every evening.  Oh, and my parents came to visit for a week.  And did I mention that my husband had 2 opera performances to perform in...and 2 opera performances to run.  Eek.  Oh, and don't forget the football game before my performance on Saturday... Yeah.  You get the point.  It was fun, but I think I'm still recovering!
  • The interesting thing for me about business and anxiety is that I feel GREAT when I'm busy.  Very little anxiety at all...mostly because I'm very focused on what is keeping me busy.  When things slow down is when the anxiety hits for me.  I think all performers experience some form of post-show depression...and even though I was a essentially a live prop in this production, it is normal to feel a little down when the high of performing and going going going is over.  I'm not good at transitioning out of super-busy times into more relaxed times.  But I'm learning to expect that the Sunday/Monday after a performance weekend will be hard for me.  And in expecting it, it's much easier to deal with it.
  • If all goes as planned, tomorrow night I will get to cross another item off my list to the right!  I'll keep it a bit of a secret for now (it's not all that exciting...but still).  Hopefully I'll be back on Friday to share!
Whew.  I think that is my brief update for now.  Hope my 2 readers feel back in the loop...

No comments: