Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Snooze Button

In the past year, I've really gotten terrible about not getting up on time. I used to be the type of person who popped up as soon as the alarm went off, and was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Now, I'm lucky if I can get to work on time!

The ironic thing is that I'm getting more sleep now than I have in years. I get a solid 8 hours of sleep every night. But for some reason, when my alarm goes off at the reasonable hour of 7 AM (at my old job I had to leave for work at 7), I absolutely cannot get up on work days. I hit snooze AT LEAST until 7:20...more often 7:40.

What's even funnier is that if I need to, I can get up earlier on the weekends. During marathon training, I was often up at 6 AM on cold, rainy mornings, knowing that I was heading out to run 20 miles! This past Sunday, I was up at 7:00 to get ready to sing at church. But come Monday morning, my hand was slapping the snooze button again!

While I seem to be regaining discipline in other areas of my life, getting up on time does not seem to be one of them. I find that it is easier to get up when I get less sleep, but then I am tired midway through the day. At this point, I'm glad the Lord has not made me a Mama yet. My poor kids would starve while I slap the snooze button!

No comments: