Friday, May 23, 2008

Drat that Rhino Virus!

So I have a cold. When the sore, scratchy throat appeared on Tuesday, I brushed it off as my mold allergy. However, when it progressed to my nasal passages and the chills arrived, I admitted that it must be a real cold. One that requires rest and chicken soup.

I hate colds because they prevent me from doing everything I enjoy doing....like singing. While I don't have any official "singing engagements" for awhile, we do have a Piano Bar party at the house tonight. I'll be there to hang out, but I don't think I can sing. Bummer- it's one of my favorite things!

I also am supposed to begin my swimming adventure tomorrow, followed by a bike ride on the B&A trail. Since this is a real cold, I don't think I should tax my body too much while it is trying to heal. It's a perfect weekend for exercise, too. But I'm going to be resting and eating chicken soup. Bah.

I know lots of other folks have greater trials...but I do get frustrated when I'm sick and can't do the things I want to do! Not to mention the fact that this is the 3rd time this spring I've lost my speaking/singing voice. Oh well... I'll just trust that there is a greater plan in this...

No comments: