Thursday, May 29, 2008

Night Noises, Slow Orders, and Tennis in HD

As I was lying in bed last night before I fell asleep, I heard a boat horn. When I first moved into my house, I used to hear boat horns at night and wonder if that really was what I was hearing. I guess I didn't realize how close I am to the water! I love the noises that I hear at night when I have my window open- boat horns, the wind rustling the leaves on the trees, the wind chime on the deck outside, the foghorn when it's foggy...

One night Maureen and I both swore that we heard a train whistle. It was nothing like a boat horn. Believe me, growing up hearing a train outside every night gives me knowledge of the difference! We still haven't figured out what we heard- whether it was a boat horn that is made to sound like a train whistle or something else. I suppose that can be our ongoing Edgewood mystery.

I was in the drive-thru line at Chick-Fil-A this morning and got really frustrated at people who take forever to order! 2 minutes is really ridiculous for ordering breakfast. Of course, talking on a cell phone and trying to order at the same time are not recommended. That doesn't seem to stop anyone around here...

I've been spending my lunch time this week in front of the 50inch HDTV in my office building. French Open tennis is on, and there's nothing like watching it in Hi-Def while sitting on a comfy leather couch that smells good. I wish I could transport our little tv area at the office to my house! I like that the French Open and Wimbledon are 5-6 hours ahead of us....all the good matches come on during the lunch hour!

No comments: