Monday, May 26, 2008

Thoughts at the End of a Long Weekend

Well, despite my cold, I managed to have an enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend. While it wasn't full of exercise as I had originally planned, it was lovely all the same. Friday evening's Piano Bar was quite a success. I managed to croak out a few songs before everyone arrived, so I did meet my musical quota for the evening. I slept in on Saturday morning...which was almost a necessity due to the cold! After lazing around for a bit, I ran a few errands (including picking up a few racing suits for the swim I hope to get in next weekend!), and then came back to the house for a relaxing evening on the deck with stuffed baked potatoes complete with chives from the herb garden.

Sunday was church, and then a relaxing Thai massage from my friend Alicia- this helped move the cold on through my body so that I will hopefully rid myself of it soon! Another friend was house-sitting at a home with a lovely deck, so we headed over there to eat Chicken Caesar salad and drink some wine. All in all, another lovely evening.

Today, Maureen and I headed downtown for breakfast and to watch the Memorial Day Parade. It was quite interesting... the highlight was the Navy band...and it just goes down from there. Entertaining, though...spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning and reading. Finished the evening off with Fajitas on the deck. I just came in a few minutes ago...it's quite lovely outside this evening. As I was watching the light fade...I thought about how much I used to hate the last night of a long weekend...back when I used to hate my job. Now, I actually like my job, so it's not a burden to go to work. The only thing I don't like is having to get up at 7AM instead of 9AM!

I hope everyone else had an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend as well. Back to the normal week tomorrow...

No comments: