Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Blizzard '09

Well, the snow we thought was coming did arrive, and dumped 20+ inches of snow on good 'ole Annapolis!  No Saturday/Sunday Messiah performances...no 22 mile run...it was actually nice to have 2 days where I had to pretty much stay in the house!



Looking out my second story window in a slow part of the blizzard

By Sunday, both my roommate and I were dealing with cabin fever, so we ventured the few miles on icy/snowy roads to downtown Annapolis.  We started out at the Rams Head, and then moved over to Galway Bay.  On the walk over, I grabbed a few photos of downtown in the snow.



St. Anne's Church in the Snow



Reynolds' Tavern




State House



Looking up Fleet St



Snowy Stairs



Historic Homes



State House grounds



Governors' Mansion at Night

As lovely as it was, I hope we don't have anymore storms like this anytime soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming to Rams Head:) We're always open Rain, Sleet or Snow

Amy Ledford DiLiegro said...

Those pictures are amazing!! I must ask what kind of camera you are using!! Some of those would look great in black/white and enlarged...framed! :) Anyways, glad you survived the blizzard and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
Love,
Amy

Page said...

Amy, I am actually using a point and shoot Nikon Coolpix. It's 5 years old...and still takes good pictures! I am looking to get a new one soon, though with higher pixels and a closer zoom.