Thursday, December 17, 2009

Yep...it's Definitely THAT Time of the Year Again...

...the time in which I have little to no free time.  Much as I love it, I'm craving a morning to sleep in, drink my coffee, and generally just veg.  Not having that time is my own fault though.  The Goofy training means back to back weekend morning runs.

The past few weeks have been a lovely blur of rehearsals, performances, parties, and running.  I really do enjoy everything I do, I just wish it weren't all crammed into the same time frame!  If I ever decide to train for another long distance race, it will not be during this crazy month of December.  To give you a taste of what I'm up against, let me describe my next 3-4 days to you:

-Tonight: Messiah Dress Rehearsal.  Come home, take relaxing bath, stretch tight hip, go to bed.  Say a prayer for no snow on Saturday.

-Tomorrow: I'm off from work due to a doctor's appointment.  Get up at 6:45 AM (earlier than I do to go to work!), run 11 miles from 7:30 AM to 10:00 AM.  Shower, rush to doc appointment.  Come home and get house ready for guests.  6 PM- Parents arrive.  Rush to church for Messiah performance.  Come home immediately afterwards.  Go to bed.  Pray for no snow on Saturday.

-Saturday: Get up at 6 AM to drive to Baltimore for a 5 mile race. Pray for no snow.  Run race.  Drive to NCR Trail.  Run 17 more miles.  Come home and eat food.  Go sing 8 PM Full Messiah performance.  Crash.

-Sunday: Sleep in briefly.  Brunch with parents.  Send parents off to Williamsburg.  Sing 3 PM Messiah matinee.  Go caroling afterwards.  Come home and crash.

I know I often write about how busy I am, but this weekend really takes the cake!  Hopefully I will make it to the other side...and let's all pray for no snow on Saturday since I'll be running 22 miles and also don't want our Saturday Messiah performance cancelled!

No comments: