Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Highlights

The past week or so has been a bit wild for me. Work's been busy, life's been busy...it's an all around busy time! I'm enjoying it, though. I finally got back to running last night. When I get busy, exercise is unfortunately the first thing to go. That's sad, but it's my life, I guess.

At chorale, we've moved on to Christmas music and Messiah. I love singing all of this music for a number of reasons. It's not difficult, it's familiar, and it all makes me think about Christmas. Messiah is a bit more challenging, but still familiar and fun.

I was thinking this weekend that I really live in a place where I can have the best of both worlds. On Friday, I went into DC with some work friends for dinner. We hung out a friends' condo for a little while afterwards. On Saturday, I went to a brunch prior to the MRE/Annapolis Tug O War. To learn more about the tug, click here. Eastport, the section of Annapolis that I technically live in, is quite an interesting and eclectic place. It's across Spa Creek from Annapolis, and is very sailing-oriented and laid-back. There is a whole culture surrounding Eastport that is hard to describe, but very enchanting. I love it. Although I don't live in "Eastport proper", we have been checking out houses there.

Living in Annapolis, I have the laid-back sailing attitude and the charm that goes with a town on the Chesapeake. I live 1/2 mile from the water. DC is 30 miles away. Baltimore is 40 miles away. In the past few months I've had the opportunity to water ski, rock climb, eat at a Brazilian Steak House in DC, eat at Little Italy in Baltimore, go sailing on a Naval Academy boat, go to a Navy Football game, sing a major choral work, and hear a world-renowned conductor in my own backyard.

I am blessed to live where I do. I think there will always be a bit of wanderlust in me...a restless part of me is always going to want to move on to the next place. I hope, however, that I will always feel the happiness and contentment that I feel living in Annapolis.

No comments: