Friday, November 23, 2007

A Homeland Thanksgiving

Well now. It's been nice to be back in SC for another Thanksgiving. I'm on 3 years in a row, and each one has been a little bit the same, and a little bit different. My family is good at making and breaking traditions.

Yesterday, we had a typically delicious Thanksgiving meal. I made the turkey (sticking with tradition...I've been the turkey girl since I was in high school). In the early evening, my mom and I began the cheese straw factory. We did the same last year. After 3 hours, I must say that I am very tired of cheese! However, this year we had the process down pat, so it was not as strenuous!

Today, Mama, Daddy and I went to the State Museum to see a few exhibits. I really love going there, but it is a bit spooky because I'm expecting to see the ghost of 8 year old Page around the corner...oh wait. That's just the SC history movie that was made for the museum. I am just around the corner! Seriously, my Dad used to work at the museum, and I spent countless hours there as a child- exploring, playing, and hopefully not getting into trouble. So, I could just see young Page wandering the halls again. It made me smile.

Afterwards, we went to an old mansion down in Lower Richland county. It's called Kensington, and is an absolutely amazing house! We took a tour, and looked around the grounds. I'll post a picture or two tomorrow.

Then, my Dad and I headed out to a trail through the woods along Congaree Creek. It's a beautiful trail, and we got some exercise! I'll post pictures of those tomorrow, too. Currently, Daddy is in the kitchen making cookies. I'd better get in there if I want to get a spoonful of dough before they all get baked...

No comments: