Thursday, November 1, 2007

Insanity Among Us

Some days, like today, I don't know what I would do without my crazy singing friends. We all have a bit of a different sense of humor (think plays on words, not slapstick humor), and often get into multiple email exchanges throughout the day.

Today's topics? The seating arrangement for our concert tonight, what we should (or shouldn't) wear for our Holiday Pops Concert in December, and various other funny statements. After about 50 or so emails, a friend came back to her computer after not checking email and summarized the discussions with this:

"Whew!!!!!! It's taken me the last 15 minutes to read all the correspondence! So much happens in the five+ hours I can't be on the computer. Let me see if I've got this straight....

1. I'm an a**, but I'm not sure if I'm a red one or a blue one. (This is getting very political sounding to me. Do I have to be liberal or conservative? Suppose I want to be a libertarian; am I then a yellow a**? I'm so confused! :( ) Page's editorial comment: Another friend was thinking about rearranging the seating for us to sound better...when it got arranged to mix altos in with sopranos it looked like the word a** because "a" designated alto and "s" designated soprano. Red meant chamber chorus, blue meant everyone else. Someone made the comment that it looked like a bunch of a**es...go figure. :)

2. We're going with a uniform designed by the Quacker that has snowflakes on it. Do I get to wear my snowflake crown? (Did anybody notice that the Quacker was actually dressed fairly normal last night? Maybe Halloween is her night to be normal!)

3. I don't know what edited out soprano name said to you, , but I was very glad to get away from her in our move...talk about an a**...she's a real pain in one!

4. As for the seating...the move was a good one for me because the sound from behind me improved when we changed. I had never realized before, because we all sit together at rehearsal, how bad the soprano section truly sounds. The grouping of the CC within the full chorus sounds good to me, also. However, it will be whatever is deemed necessary.

5. After a post Halloween day with sugared-up 14 year olds, your emails were a welcome respite."

So, I know most of that doesn't make sense....but wow! It's a great way to get through an otherwise insane day!

No comments: