Tuesday, August 26, 2008

At Peace



(The above is a photo taken on our last night in Maine by my friend Jean)

I feel at peace with the world. Not that too many of you knew I wasn't at peace...for some reason I kept the feeling to myself for a few weeks. I think it was a combination of end-of-summer blues (though I don't know why...I don't really love summer), end-of-vacation blues, feeling inadequate while watching Olympic athletes, and perhaps some apprehension about the triathlon.

The triathlon is over, and I did better than I could have anticipated! I was under my goal time, which really amazed me. More on the triathlon later...I'm still waiting on a few photos from the event (and all blogs are better with photos!).

Chorus rehearsals have started again, and while that does signal the end of summer, I'm glad to get back into a routine. Grabbing a coffee before rehearsal last night and sitting in a familiar place felt right to me. I guess this just proves what a creature of habit I really am!

Anyway, I'm happy that I feel right with the world again...just in time for my favorite season....Fall!

No comments: