Wednesday, August 20, 2008

In My Head

There are quite a lot of odd thoughts rolling around in my head these days. I'll try to capture them here in cyberspace:

-I had my first tomato sandwich of the season on Monday night. It was so tasty! There is not much better than garden-grown tomatoes fresh off the vine and on soft bread with mayo. Mmm. Unfortunately, it may be a few days before I get more tomatoes.

-I ran out of my $25 a bottle shampoo a few weeks ago and picked up a new brand from my salon. I like it a lot...it keeps my hair pretty soft and smells delicious! I keep slinging my hair in my face just so I can smell it. I bet I look like a strange skater chick or something as I sling my head back and forth...

-For some reason, I've been coveting an iPhone for the past 2 days. Well, actually, I think it's due to this blog. Thanks, Ron. Now I want all the cool music related apps you can add to the iPhone. Normally I don't get too caught up in recent technology...especially when it comes to phones. I barely used my cell for the longest time. Then texting came about, and I started missing out on fun events because my phone was off...so now I pretty much have it on all the time. Plus, being an internet junkie, I love borrowing Maureen's phone to update my facebook status and check my email...even when I'm not near my computer. We'll have to see if this iPhone craving goes away...

-The triathlon is this Sunday and I'm starting to get a little nervous. I think I'm nervous simply because it's an unknown thing...not sure how the transitions will go, if I will be too grossed out by the lake to actually swim, etc. But, I think that is part of the fun of it. There is definitely excitement mixed in with the nervousness, so I guess that is a good thing!

-I think I've recovered from vacation and am pretty much back into a normal routine. The routine will be very familiar next week when chorus rehearsals start up again. Is summer really almost over? Wow. This one went by like a flash!

No comments: