Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lobster and Water Sports

On the way back from Acadia last night, we picked up some lobsters, mussels, and corn to cook for dinner. All I can say is yum, yum! The lobster was quite tasty- steamed and then I was, of course, dipping it in butter. Good thing I rode 20 miles in the park yesterday...


This morning was another lazy morning. I slept in a bit, and then we got up and John made some blue-berry pancakes. Quite tasty. Then, I took a nap in the hammock. Maureen took the opportunity to snap yet another photo of me sleeping. Oh well, what can I say. I enjoy napping!





After my nap, we changed into our suits and took the boat out for some skiing and tubing. I had quite a good time. I water-skiied for the first time in years last fall, and loved it. These were old wooden skis, but I still managed to get up. Here are a few photos from our lake day:


Being silly

Skiing

Maureen tubing

Me tubing



Once we were done, I swam about 800 meters into the dock. I finally managed to get used to the cold water and stick my face in for awhile to actually get a good stroke going. I think I'm going to do ok in the triathlon with swimming.

No comments: