Monday, December 1, 2008

December Already?!?!

Does anyone know where September went? What about October? November? Hmm. Somehow, it seems that we've encountered December. Usually, I'm ready for December. I actually look forward to it every year. This year is no different, but it somehow has snuck up on me.

I've written about my crazy December singing schedule for the past few years. This year has, I think, reached new heights. I'm not really complaining though...I love being busy, especially doing something I enjoy (singing in a chorus). However, when I put together my calendar for December and looked at the next three weeks, the only nights I have without a rehearsal, performance, or "gig" are this Saturday, and Tuesdays. Yikes. That includes the weekends. But seriously, I do look forward to these 3 weeks every year. They are lots of fun, and exhausting at the same time. This year has set a new record, though. Maureen and I were unable to figure out a night to have a Christmas party like the ones we've had the past 2 years. There literally is not a weekend night when we could have it. Last night, we were trying to figure out when to pick up our Christmas tree. There is little time to do that as well. She jokingly said she was going to email our conductor and make him pick it up for us since it is his schedule that is making us crazy! I'm sure that would go over well...

Anyway, I don't feel as prepared for December as I have in the past. I'm not sure why...most of my gifts are purchased, with a few exceptions. There is no party to plan and prep for. My room is fairly organized. I have my schedule under control. Work is pretty sane. Yet, I don't feel ready for December yet. Maybe I can hold it off for awhile? :) Likely not. I don't think I have a choice in the matter!

No comments: