Friday, December 5, 2008

Frazzled Friday

My brain is just a little too scattered to come up with any cohesive thoughts today...so I'm going to resort to a bullet point post. You know, I think those are the easiest to digest most of the time, anyway.


  • First of all...I really have the worst handwriting. On Tuesday, I jotted down a few things that I wanted to mention on the blog. Today, I can only make out one of them. Nice.
  • The one thing I could make out was a note about my Starbucks experience prior to rehearsal on Monday evening. Maureen and I have not had the best baristas at grocery store Sbux's in the past few months. Incorrect orders, bad attitudes, apathy...surprising since Sbux has had to close stores. Anyway, we went to the Not-So-Safeway on Forest Dr, expecting to wait awhile for our bean juice and be treated to an apathetic barista. Not so! Our barista was witty, charming, and made our drinks quickly. Isn't it sad that enthusiastic service is the exception to the norm? Props to you, Calvin!
  • I've felt unprepared for a lot of things in the past few weeks. Most of it is out of my control, but it's hard for me to deal with, anyway.
  • Before Thanksgiving, I downloaded Enya's new Christmas album, as well as Yoyo Ma's Songs for Joy and Peace. Both of them are excellent, and I highly recommend them.
  • I haven't figured out how I am going to squeeze dinner into my packed singing schedule tonight. Oh well, perhaps I'll make up for all of the cookies I inhaled last week.

No comments: