Monday, December 29, 2008

The Return

Tap, tap, tap...is this thing on? Heeellllllooooooo out there Blogosphere! Do I still have anyone reading this blog after my long hiatus from my primary means of external processing? I'll assume I do and continue on.

As you can probably imagine, my long absence from this here bloggy blog was due to a number of factors, all of which stemmed from the Christmas Season of busyness. It began with my voluntary indentured servitude to the chorale...I think someone counted 13 performances/gigs in a 3 week span. That was all wonderful...I had my normal Messiah moments, teary eyes during Christmas Carols, seating dramas, as well as a few insecure times. Par for the course.

Then, last week, I met my parents in Williamsburg for our Christmas trip that involved seeing sights, dinner and lunch at a few of the taverns, brushing up on my Revolutionary War knowledge, many humorous family moments (apparently my Mom can go 20 hours without eating while my Dad and I have to eat every few hours), some fun shopping purchases, musical diversions, and lots of catching up on sleep.

On Christmas Eve, we drove up to Annapolis. After 2 years of missing out on the fun at the Home For Wayward Chorus Girls' Christmas Eve Bash...I decided that this year I was not going to be sleeping in SC at 2AM on Christmas Day getting texts about how much fun everyone was having without me. The party begins at 6ish, breaks up around 9 while everyone heads to sing at church, and then reconvenes around 12:30 AM after church. It was quite a lot of fun, and I think I got into bed around 3;30. Whew!

So, I'm back...and caught up on things like work, finances, and cleaning. Now, if I can just check laundry off my list, all will be well!

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Hee, hee. Your "tap, tap, tap" made me laugh! Glad you're back.