Friday, March 20, 2009

Favorite Scents

Ever since I was in Elementary School, I've loved perfume, scented lotions, etc. My first love was Spring Rain by Crabtree and Evelyn, which has since been phased out (such a shame...I still love it!). In middle and high school, I moved to the more popular fragrances of Victoria's Secret as well as Bath and Body Works. Vanilla Lace and Sun-Kissed Raspberry were my choices (now when I smell those I can't believe I liked them!).

At some point, my fragrance tastes became more refined. I switch between 2 or 3 scents, depending on the season.

My winter fragrance:


I love all things from France, so it would stand to reason that I am a fan of Chanel, as well. This perfume is heavy enough for winter, but has a nice floral note as well.

In the summer, the last thing I want to do is put on a heavy fragrance, so I switch to this:

I first discovered this scent when I was staying at the Ritz-Carlton in Washington, DC for my company's users conference (the company was paying...hence the Ritz!). Their toiletries are Bvglari White tea (or au the blanc), and I loved the clean, fresh, light qualities of the perfume.

However, in the past 6 months, I've had a bit of a scent obsession with thisTruthfully, I've always loved rose-scented anything. I tried this on in Sephora last fall, and really liked it...but couldn't justify a $70 purchase when I had a half bottle of Chanel Allure left. So, I left it on the shelf. When I was at Epcot in Disney two weeks ago, "Italy" had a perfume shop with Bvlgari wares. I tried it on again (for about the 6th time since last fall). I decided I had to have it. Lucky for me they only had a $140 bottle, so I didn't buy it. I bemoaned the fact that I wasn't going to get my new scent, but decided in these economic times, it might be for the best. Until yesterday. I walked into Sephora, determined to finally make a decision on this beguling scent! Lo and behold, I found a small bottle for $20! The perfect solution to my dilemma...enough perfume to last through the spring this and next year...but without having to pay $70!

I've been sniffing my wrist all morning since I'm wearing Rose Essentielle today...

No comments: