Monday, March 2, 2009

Slacker...

I've really been a blogging slacker the past few weeks. But it's because I've been busy, I promise! My normal blogging time has been filled by work, and my evening time by my usual evening activities. So, here is a quick update on what I've been up to...bullets again. Sorry! I'll get better about blogging regularly...really!

  • Getting ready to go to Disney World for the Princess Half Marathon! Woohoo! Getting ready as in running (got myself up to 11 miles), shopping for my outfit, getting new running shoes, watch, etc. I use big races as an excuse to update my running gear. For more details on my running, see my running blog. We leave on Thursday after work and I am so excited!
  • Singing the Rachmaninoff Vespers at Chorale. And on my own...via cyberbass.com . I highly recommend this tool to any choral singer that needs some "woodshedding" of notes and rhythms. I really love the music, but it's sometimes in 6-7 part harmony which is tough! And it will be interesting to see if it comes together before the concert...
  • I had my first voice lesson in many years on Saturday. I hate hate hate singing by myself, but know it is necessary to improve. I don't ever want to have to sing as a soloist, but I want to improve my choral singing. So, I must subject myself to criticism! It was very valuable though...she told me all the things I'm doing incorrectly that I knew I was doing incorrectly...but she also taught me how to fix them. That helps a lot!
  • I've been trying to get a handle on little things in my life that keep coming up...like organizing and cleaning and such. It seems like every time I think I have everything complete, something else comes up!
  • I've also been trying to spend more time with my boyfriend. Boyfriend...so weird for me to say! But he is, and as much as it makes me feel 12 years old to have a "boyfriend", I do. And he's great! But, we are both very busy people, and it can be difficult to find time together. So when we are both available, that's where I am. And it keeps me busier...but I'd much rather be spending time with him than "accomplishing" little tasks. Considering I see him only one or two nights a week...it's a small sacrifice! That's what I get for dating an opera singer, I guess. :)

I think that's it for now. Look for more posts later...I'm gonna try to post some photos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

an opera singer? how cool is that!
i am excited to hear about the princess half marathon. i definitely would love to run it next year. good luck to you! i'm sure you'll be great =)