Thursday, March 5, 2009

Off to Disney!

Well, it's finally the day that I leave for Disney World to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon! I'm quite excited...for many reasons. I'm a little bit excited about the race...mostly excited that I'm going to be at Disney!

I grew up going to Disney World on a fairly regular basis. I fully subscribe to the idea that Disney World is a magical place. As a child, there was something about the place to me that was relaxing, fun, and very exciting. I think part of the reason I still love all things Disney now is the sense of nostalgia it creates for me. It brings back fun memories and happy times...with the promise of more to come!

Anyway, I'll be seeing Mickey and Minnie, lots of Princesses, the world showcase at Epcot, fun stuff at the Magic Kingdom, and more. We'll be eating well, too...with reservations at the Rose and Crown in England, the Italian restaurant in Italy (night before the race...we need our pasta carbs!), and at the Brown Derby at Hollywood studios.

I'll have pictures and a full report once I get back!

No comments: