Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Break, A Bike, and a Swim

The first two Gondoliers' performances are out of the way and I am glad! I've had a lot of fun with the show...but I needed a break! I thought both performances went pretty well, all things considered. Saturday evening was the Opening night cast party- lots of fun...but I always find it odd to eat midnight meals at cast parties! Yet, I am always starving by the time I get there!

After the show on Sunday, a few friends who had attended the show and I took Sharon to Petit Louis for her birthday. Yum, yum!

I've had the past few evenings with no rehearsal or show, and they have been lovely. Monday evening I met some of the girls for wine and appetizers on the deck at Severn Inn overlooking the river. We had our typical, fun girly time...chatting about life, music, and other interesting topics.

Tuesday evening I met some friends in Crofton for a very hilly bike ride! I was glad to have a break from the show so that I could actually get some good training in. We rode about 11 miles around 450 (especially the portion closed to cars) and my friend Jenny's neighborhood.

Last night was probably the best of the week so far...I finally got to try some open-water swimming! One of the other members of our running club lives on the Severn River, so we met at her house and swam off her dock. It wasn't half as gross as I expected- a bit of grass and a muddy bottom- but no McDonald's cups floating past! :) It took me a little while to adjust to the murkiness of the water and settle into my breathing pattern, but once I got there it felt like I could swim forever! I don't love open-water swimming, but I think I'll be fine for the triathlon.

After the swim, we sat on the deck eating fruit and watching the sun set over the river. If only we'd had some champagne or wine...:) So I headed home and joined another group of friends for a glass of wine and some dinner on our back deck. What a terrible evening...:)

The next four nights are back up in Baltimore. Should be fun, but I have a feeling I will be exhausted by Sunday!

No comments: