Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 4th, A Sleepy Weekend, and What Feels Like Nonstop Rehearsals!

In the midst of a crazy week, I thought I'd take a moment to breathe and step into blogland. My July 4th was great...fun and relaxing all at the same time! Some dear friends had a few of us over for a Yoga brunch- a 1 hour yoga session with my friend Alicia and then what turned into a 3 hour (longer for some) brunch. I went home and slept for 2 hours. After my much-needed nap, some friends came over for an impromptu cookout, which turned into a cook-in. No matter. A lively game of charades ensued. Quote of the evening: "Sounds like amputee!" (I'm still laughing at that one...). Saturday involved a swim, watching the Wimbledon Ladies' Final, a shopping trip, and another nap. Sunday was dominated by rehearsal...and that has set the tone for this week!

The invited dress rehearsal for the show is this evening...and then only performances from here on out! It's always nice when the rehearsals are over...

So that is an update from me. Sorry that I have no coherent and interesting thoughts to present...that would require sleep- which seems to be in short supply in my world!

A quick aside: I saw a sign in a shop window the other day that said, "I'm lost in my own little world...but it's ok, they know me here!". That is definitely how I feel sometimes!

No comments: