Thursday, July 31, 2008

Updates on the Page

I've had a bit of an up and down week the past week...some great things have happened...but a few disappointments as well. I'll stick to the positive updates here on the blog...why would anyone want to read my complaints when they're so much juicier in person? :)

I bought a new road bike! After a few months of training on Maureen's city bike, and going back and forth about whether to buy my own...I finally bit the bullet and test rode a few this weekend. The difference was amazing...and I was sold! I bought the Trek 1.5, and it's white, grey, and lovely all over! I'm amazed at how light it is...I can pick the whole thing up with one hand. I've had the money for it saved for awhile...so plus my tax rebate check...it didn't set me back on my financial saving goals too much.

Triathlon training is going well. At swim class last week, our instructor described my swimming as "relaxed, strong, and confident". I figure it can't get much better than that, so I'm looking forward to a little more open water swimming and really getting prepped for the race.

I think I'm caught back up on my "life after a summer operetta". Laundry is done, plants are watered, my room is clean...and I'm sleeping again. It's always a bit of a let-down for me, however, to go from non-stop moving to occasional socializing. I'm readjusting to a true summer lifestyle now.

Tonight, my running group is putting in a few miles on the pavement and then heading to the Purple Tooth for a post-run treat. I love their wines and their cheese plate...so it should be quite an enjoyable evening! My company's boat cruise is tomorrow night, so I suppose I'll have two nights of fun socializing.

No comments: