Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Busy Week

Well, it's the first concert week of the year which means a busy week for me! Tonight is the only night this week that I don't have a rehearsal or a performance. Add to that a busy training schedule at work, and I'm a little bit in the "Ahhh!" zone. But I'm not complaining...I enjoy being busy so much more than bored...

Of course, for the type of show we're doing this month (Broadway in Concert style...which is really more staged show than concert), much patience is required. The chorus is actually not singing in this show- just a small group of us that make up a "semi-chorus". We don't even have that much to sing...we'll mostly be just moving props on and off the stage as scene-changers. So, during rehearsals there is a lot of sit-around-and-wait time. Our creative side came out last night as we were devising ways to get from place to place on the stage. One idea was wires attached to our waists to magically move us through the air Peter Pan style from one end of the stage to the other. Add parasols and a lovely arabesque and we're Mary Poppinsish. At one point, I looked at a platform across the stage and decided it would work well as a slip-n-slide. I didn't act on that urge, thankfully! As much as I love how my creative side comes out during slow moments, tomorrow I think I'll bring a book...

No comments: