Monday, September 8, 2008

Oops

Oops. I've already messed up on my NaBloPoMo post once a day for the month of September. It was an accident, really! I meant to write a quick post on Saturday morning...but then forgot. Since I left for the evening, I was without a computer until yesterday evening. At that point, I decided to wait until today to post. I guess I'll have to try again next month...for now, I'll consider this a "practice" month and try to get myself in the habit of posting every day anyway!

My weekend was really quite nice. I did manage to sleep in a bit on Saturday morning, with cozy rain falling courtesy of Tropical Storm Hanna. After spending the morning and early afternoon cleaning and getting things done around the house, Maureen and I headed down to her brother's place at Solomon's island. We had dinner, watched the sunset, chatted, and listened to music until about midnight.

Sunday morning, after a much-needed Starbucks stop, we arrived at Parkers Creek on the Chestnut Land Preserve. The storm had blown a tree onto the road to the water, so we spent some time clearing that out with a chainsaw that didn't want to start. An hour or so later, we managed to get the canoes of the car and into the Bay. The beginning of the paddle was a little tough- some rough water and a stiff downstream current that we were paddling against. It calmed down after a bit and we enjoyed a nice canoe trip up the creek. We had some bald eagles following us up the creek, and at one point spotted 8 eagles circling at the same time!

It really was a peaceful and gorgeous day to be on the water!

No comments: