Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm a Princess!

Well, at least I'll be one for a day on March 8th. A few friends and I are going to Disney World to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. Many of you know I love, love, love Disney- so this will be a fun trip for me! It's an all-women's half marathon, and many people will be dressing up as their favorite Disney Princess. I'm thinking Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty...of course if I'm Ariel I can sing "Part of Your World" all day as I run...

I haven't run a long race since the marathon (over a 10K), so it will be nice to increase my running mileage again. I'll probably start moving up from 6 miles in December. I've only run one other half-marathon ever (my very first road race...yeah, I'm a bit of an overachiever!), but I think it's a good endurance distance for me. As accomplished as I felt after the marathon last year, I just don't think I want to put the training time in again. Having every Saturday sucked away by preparation for and recovering from a long run just doesn't sound appealing! I'm glad I did it once, but don't think trying again is in the cards for me.

1 comment:

Peaceole said...

Nice blog. Disney is fun I must admit. It's only a 4 hour drive from me.

Check my blog out. Just getting started at it so its a work in progress.

http://peaceole.blogspot.com