Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend Mystery

Sometime between the hours of 8:00 PM Saturday night and 8:00 AM Sunday morning, I did something to create this nasty looking contusion:

(I'm sure it's unladylike to post a picture of one's leg on the internet...but oh well)

The problem? I have no idea how it got there! I don't remember running into anything significant on Saturday night. I can be a bit of a klutz so I'm used to running into things...but I would have to have really smacked into something to create this monster bruise! It's even a big, swollen knot!




I could have run into a seat or something at the ballpark, but I was wearing shorts on Saturday night and I think I would have noticed the bruise then. I also was fully awake, and I hope I would have remembered running into something that hard. I fell asleep watching Saturday Night Live on the sofa, so perhaps when I woke up in my groggy state at 2:30 AM to go upstairs I unknowingly slammed into the piano or something. Or perhaps I got up on the wrong side of the bed in the middle of the night and ran into the window sill.

In any case, I didn't find the bruise until I was in the shower Sunday morning and wondered why my thigh hurt when I ran soap over it. When I saw it, I was shocked and tried to figure out what I'd done to cause it. It hurts a little bit (not anything too bad), and it's swollen so I've been icing it a bit. Soon, I'm sure I will be sporting the nasty yellow/green healing bruise version. Joy. I guess I won't be wearing shorts or short skirts for the next few weeks...

No comments: